Grant Samuel Funds Management has won the ‘Sales Team of the Year’ award at last Thursday night’s MAX Awards, while T. Rowe Price’s national sales manager, Darren Hall, was awarded ‘Executive of the Year – Sales’.
In other major awards, Phillipa Healy, a Sydney-based vice president and head of marketing for Australia and New Zealand at PIMCO, was named ‘Marketer of the Year’, and the BlackRock team, also based in Sydney, was named ‘Marketing Team of the Year’.
Damian McIntyre, director and head of distribution at Grant Samuel Funds Management, accepted the top sales team gong.
The annual MAX Awards (Marketing, Advertising & Sales Excellence), which have been run since 1994 by the Rainmaker Information group, are the only awards in Australia for sales and marketing excellence for fund managers.
This year also marks the 25th anniversary for the Rainmaker group, which was started as an institutional database business by two former fund managers, Chris Page, who is still the majority shareholder and CEO, and James Burkitt, who left the firm some years ago.
(AIST also includes some marketing awards for funds in its annual event while other awards, such as the SuperRatings and Lonsec awards, include innovative product launches.)
The other MAX award winners this year were:
- Website of the Year: Telstra Super
- App of the Year: Link Group for its Cbus app
- Social Media Campaign of the Year: State Street Global Advisors
- Advertising Campaign of the Year – consumer: ANZ for “love insurance”
- Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year: Legg Mason
- Advertising Campaign of the Year – trade: State Street Global Advisors for “opportunity in complexity”
- Integrated Campaign of the Year: Zurich for ‘it’s a better life”
- Agency Executive of the Year – financial services: Shanti Davies of Fundamental Media
- Creative Agency of the Year: Behaviour Change Partners
- Agency of the Year – financial services: Ptarmigon Media, which is currently handling the Janus Henderson launch
- Video Campaign of the Year: Challenger
- Innovation of the Year: Mercer’s Lifetime Plus 2.0 annuity
- Public Relations Company of the Year: BlueChip Communication, which this year won BlackRock as a new client
- Product Launch of the Year: BT Panorama platform
- Investment Product of the Year: J.P. Morgan Asset Management for its “systematic alpha fund”, and
- Financial Literacy Campaign of the Year: ANZ Wealth.